Mission and Vision
The Mission of the ISoE:
- To provide students with an exceptional education in various disciplines of engineering,
- To establish, through dedicated faculty, a nationally recognized research program, preparing interested students to achieve excellence in graduate studies and research, and
- To serve the State of Texas and the nation by creating highly skilled, diverse, and motivated professionals capable of technological innovation and dedicated to the improvement of society.
The Vision of the ISoE:
The Ingram School of Engineering will be a nationally recognized institution of higher education, serving students and employers with a complete set of accredited engineering programs supported by a faculty which maintains high standards of teaching, research, and service. To accomplish this vision, we will:
- Engage undergraduate and graduate students with innovative, multidisciplinary, and nationally recognized funded research programs.
- Emphasize quality undergraduate and graduate education using a practical, interactive, and contemporary learning environment.
- Produce first-generation professional college graduates as part of an HSI-designated university; be recognized for exceptional community service; and create tight bonds with alumni who will serve as professional mentors, sponsors, and advisors.
- Promote a student-centered culture based on collegiality, scholarship, enthusiasm, integrity, and mutual respect among diverse faculty, staff, and students.